For future updates sign up to our Jobs & Internships mailing list.
Ref: 2016-03 Gender Justice Intern
Supervised by: Gender Justice Project Officer
Location: Primarily in Gulu, Uganda
Duration: 6 months, mid-June through to mid-December, 2016
Classification: Unpaid voluntary position
Application deadline: 23:59, East African Time, 29 April 2016
JRP seeks a current or recent Master’s degree student to support its Gender Justice department through a full-time six month internship in Gulu, Uganda. Interns will contribute to research projects dealing with gender-related justice and reconciliation in northern Uganda, as well as events and other programmatic work.
An ideal applicant will be conversant with the transitional justice context in Uganda and the dynamics of post-conflict reconstruction. They will have an interest in working on issues dealing with war-affected women and children and an educational background in peace and conflict studies, law, development studies, social work or any related field. A focus on gender and human rights will be an advantage.
Competencies, Skills and Experience
A successful applicant will
- Be enrolled in or be a recent graduate of a Master’s or equivalent programme;
- Have excellent English writing and editing skills;
- Have demonstrable experience with qualitative and quantitative research;
- Be versatile and open to performing diverse tasks.
Experience with the following are not a requirement but will be an advantage:
- Working knowledge of northern Ugandan languages including Acholi, Ateso, Lango, Lugbara, and Madi;
- Demonstrable technical skills and experience that may contribute to the team.
How to Apply
Fill in application form below or click here.
Include your CV/resume and a brief writing sample (600-800 words)
The deadline is 29 April 2016 but applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received, so please endeavour submit your application as soon as possible.
Due to a large number of applicants, we may not be able to respond to each application. We will however review and give due consideration to each application.