The Justice and Reconciliation Project (JRP) is a registered non-governmental organisation located in Pida-Koro, six kilometres outside of Gulu municipality. Since 2005, JRP has played a key role in transitional justice in Uganda through seeking to understand and explain the interests, needs, concerns and views of the communities affected by conflict.
To fulfil its mission, JRP coordinates its activities and projects through the use of ICT made possible through the use of an efficient internet connectivity. Therefore, JRP wishes to identify a qualified firm to provide high-quality broadband internet services to submit innovative proposals that meet the needs of the organisation.
Purpose and Objective
JRP seeks the provision of internet services at its offices in Koro sub-county to ensure the functioning of its work and the use of the internet by its staff.
- Running online platforms that require daily updates and uploads, including the continuous maintenance of 2-3 websites and several social media platforms;
- Cloud storage and the sharing of large files and documents;
- Daily use of internet by 15-25 staff requiring video streaming, video and tele-conferencing, email, file-sharing and network printing;
- Computer networking;
- Interfacing with a contact person to provide troubleshooting and technical guidance;
- The use of various equipment, including one nanobridge link, two Linksys wireless routers, a network switch and one server computer.
Scope and Focus
Services according to these ToRs would be in terms of the following:
- Provision of internet services at JRP’s office at Block 2 Pida-Koro, Koro sub-county, Omoro district located six kilometres outside of Gulu;
- Broadband internet with upload and download stream speeds greater than or equal to 3 mbps download and 2 mbps upload;
- Utilisation of existing equipment and the provision technical advice in regard to the condition and use of this and any future equipment or their accessories;
- Access to technical persons preferably located within or near Gulu for purposes of trouble-shooting;
- Provision of a month-long trial period to determine the suitability of the services provided; and,
- Any other innovative cost-effective solutions as proposed by the applicant.
One fully functioning internet service at JRP office.
Interested firms are requested to submit proposals detailing the following:
- The background of the firm, including registered company name(s) and registration numbers as well as contact details;
- The capacity of the firm to provide the services described above;
- Pricing and terms of service; and,
- A list of at least three contactable prior or current clients, including contact names and information.
Applicants are especially encouraged to highlight their innovativeness in their proposals.
Instructions: Please submit proposals by email to email@example.com with the subject “Internet Service Provider [Your Name]” before 5.30 pm EAT, 10 March 2017.
Submission of an application indicates acceptance by the applicant of the conditions contained in this call, unless clearly and specifically noted in the proposal submitted and confirmed in the Terms of Reference or Contract between JRP and the firm selected. JRP reserves the right to request additional information and clarification from applicants, or to allow corrections of errors or omissions. JRP reserves the right to make a final decision at its absolute discretion in terms of these TORs.
Download this here.